“We first did an analysis of the analysis of the existing school to understand properly what would be our mission for the next few days and what improvements we would like to see in the future.
For that we used different ways: our own investigation and conversations with children and staff in the school. Through the different conversations we learnt what they like, what they dislike and what they want.
From our own investigations we tried to figure out all the opportunities from which we can develop projects and the problems that we have to solve.
Our main intentions are to:
- simplify and reorganise the outdoor spaces
- develop essential projects in the long-term to re-use empty and dead space
- give a real sense of unity to the school
- prepare the site for a disaster situation
- give the opportunities to children to get involved in the projects.”
– B. Millet